NEW WILMINGTON, Pa.– David King, a 1991 Westminster School alumnus, was named the Westminster Higher education Alumni Entrepreneur of the Calendar year at the yearly Westminster Entrepreneur Heart Symposium and Faculty of Company Award Ceremony held in March.
As the main technology officer of the Chicago-based mostly Flywire, a high-expansion vertical payments organization, King oversees world technological know-how and remedies advancement.
A self-defined serial entrepreneur with a enthusiasm for the intersection of know-how and business, King has founded several providers like infiNET Solutions, Inc, the place he developed and managed an automated tuition billing and commerce system for big universities and aided the enterprise procedure far more than $16 billion annually.
King spoke to students about his entrepreneurial journey, highlighting his experiences, difficulties and achievements. He retains a B.S. in arithmetic and physics from Westminster and a M.S. in physics from Miami University.
The symposium also featured keynote speaker Jean Pineault, the president and CEO of the biopharmaceutical startup BioHybrid Methods (BHS), a transformational system enterprise that develops next-technology NanoArmored protein-polymer conjugates. Pineault specializes in expanding and professionalizing privately held business enterprise in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical diagnostics markets.
Learners also experienced the possibility to participate in a networking session, connecting them with small business and entrepreneurial leaders. Organizations represented involved Farmers Nationwide Lender, Erie Insurance, Moody’s, Odorex, Flywire, BioHybrid Remedies, SignatureDX, Bradigans, Ohanalink, Lawrence County, Matthews Worldwide, McClintock Associates, Touchstone, Steelite, Anheuser Busch, ADP, Northwest Financial institution and numerous other firms.
University of Organization awards were also introduced through the event and included:
• The Invoice Rankin Award, introduced to offered to increasing seniors aspiring to professions in human means. Recipients incorporated Alexander Mullen, a junior organization administration and advertising and marketing experienced revenue double major from Bethel Park, Pa., and Kelly Wlodarsky, a junior human sources management important from Brookfield, Ohio.
• The William C. Neely Absolutely free Market place Business Award for Excellence offered to pupils with superb tutorial and management capabilities interested in professions in promoting or management. Recipients involved Madilynn Kerr, a sophomore business enterprise administration main from Harmony, Pa., and Theresa Schneider, a sophomore business administration significant from Chardon, Ohio.
• The Donald and Denise Fishback Scholarship presented to Robert Schrantz, a junior enterprise administration key from New Castle, Pa.This scholarship is introduced to a increasing senior demonstrating high character, integrity and management capabilities.
• The Ann M. Kendlehart Scholarship presented to pupils demonstrating academic achievement and possible in accounting. Recipients have been Abigail Cannon, a initially-yr business enterprise administration significant and Honors Application student from Bethel Park, Pa. Breannda Davis, a sophomore business administration significant from Sharpsville, Pa. Joseph Ranft, a sophomore accounting main from Pittsburgh Cherise Schultz, a sophomore company administration and internet marketing and expert product sales double big from Property, Pa. Alessandra Zervanos, a initial-12 months business administration important from Bridgeville, Pa. and Reese Leone, a junior athletics management major from Alliance, Ohio.
• Sports Management Outstanding Senior Award introduced to Caden Highfield, a senior sports management and marketing and specialist sales double big from Oil Metropolis, Pa.
• The Samuel H. Sloan Memorial Scholarship presented to Hunter Linhart, a junior organization administration main from Pittsburgh. ¬
• The Ronald B. and Emily P. Mackall Scholarship offered to Tomi Taiwo, a initially-year company administration and marketing and specialist product sales double important from Pittsburgh. This scholarship is presented to a growing junior or senior demonstrating an appreciation for the wonderful arts.
• The Robert E. and Jane S. Lauterbach Scholarship presented to growing seniors displaying fantastic tutorial accomplishment. Recipients consist of Jad Jadallah, a junior human useful resource administration and sports activities management major from Canfield, Ohio Joshua Collins, a junior from New Bloomfield, Pa. Camden Hergenrother, a junior small business administration major from Salem, Ohio Grace Hazlet, a sophomore organization administration big from Petrolia, Pa. and Jordan Roser, a sophomore business administration significant from Titusville, Pa.
• The Joseph F. and Cecelia R. Zunic Scholarship presented to learners who have attained achievements in accounting. Recipients were Grace Deschand, a junior accounting key from Fredonia, Pa., and Jarred Kohl, a junior fiscal economics and accounting key from York, Pa.
• The John B. Fuoss Leadership and Scholarship Fund offered to Morgan Byers, a sophomore athletics administration and advertising and specialist revenue double important from Venetia, Pa. This award is presented to a sophomore with higher tutorial accomplishment and powerful leadership features.
• The Pennsylvania Institute of Qualified Community Accountants (PICPA) Outstanding Senior Award introduced to Ryan Beard, a senior accounting important from Export, Pa.
• The Ron Bergey Accounting Scholarship introduced to Noah Sofran, a sophomore accounting important from Pittsburgh, and Kent Dunn, a junior accounting significant from West Valley Metropolis, Utah. This award is presented to excellent accounting majors intending to enter the accounting job.
• School of Enterprise Outstanding Senior Awards introduced to Anastasia Woosley, a senior accounting significant from Monessen, Pa. Curt Slagle, a senior business administration major from Dayton, Pa. Madison Macura, a senior accounting significant from New Kensington, Pa. and Isabelle Snyder, a senior company administration and human useful resource management double key from Centerville, Pa.
To view shots of scholar award winners and other times from the party, you should go to our Flickr album.
President Richardson with the Westminster Alumni Entrepreneur of the 12 months Award winner David King keynote speaker Jean Pineault discusses successes and challenges with college students college students network with entrepreneurial and company leaders.